(adapted from here)
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 crushed candy canes-12 mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin pan (extra if not silicone).
- In large bowl, combine sugar and butter, and mix until soft.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in flour and cocoa, and mix well.
- Pour in 1/2 of the crushed candy canes.
- Pour into muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with other half of crushed candy canes.
I had so much fun making these brownies! They were the first brownies I have attempted to make in muffin tins. I was a little nervous, but they turned out perfectly, and so yummy!! I will say I left them in for 25 minutes and felt they were a little overdone. I think 20 minutes would have been perfect. I highly recommend these for any holiday parties you have coming up! Who doesn't like brownies right?